The Molecular Biosensor and Imaging Center at Carnegie Mellon University is a collaboration of biologists, chemists, and imaging scientists developing fluorescence technologies for biomedical applications. MBIC is an innovative research environment that focuses on development and application of new scientific tools. MBIC technologies are used in drug discovery, neuroscience, biomedical imaging and cancer biology programs through a variety of partnerships. Technologies launched from MBIC include the Cyanine Dyes (Cy3, Cy5, Cy7), High Content Screening (Cellomics, Inc), Difference In-Gel Electrophoresis (DIGE), Qdots for In-vivo imaging, Fluorogen Activating Proteins, and DNA Nanotags.
Learn More About MBIC
- Vasilev, KV, Gallo, E, Shank, N, Jarvik, JW. Novel biosensor of membrane protein proximity based on fluorogen activated proteins. Comb. Chem. High Throughput Screen. 2016; :. PubMed PMID:27055753.
- Liu, W, Saunders, MJ, Bagia, C, Freeman, EC, Fan, Y, Gawalt, ES, Waggoner, AS, Meng, WS. Local retention of antibodies invivo with an injectable film embedded with a fluorogen-activating protein. J Control Release. 2016; 230 :1-12. PubMed PMID:27038493.
- Oyaghire, SN, Cherubim, CJ, Telmer, CA, Martinez, JA, Bruchez, MP, Armitage, BA. RNA G-Quadruplex Invasion and Translation Inhibition by Antisense γ-Peptide Nucleic Acid Oligomers. Biochemistry. 2016; 55 (13):1977-88. PubMed PMID:26959335.
- Kormuth, KA, Woolford, JL Jr, Armitage, BA. Homologous PNA Hybridization to Noncanonical DNA G-Quadruplexes. Biochemistry. 2016; 55 (12):1749-57. PubMed PMID:26950608.
- Dutta, S, Armitage, BA, Lyubchenko, YL. Probing of miniPEGγ-PNA-DNA Hybrid Duplex Stability with AFM Force Spectroscopy. Biochemistry. 2016; 55 (10):1523-8. PubMed PMID:26898903.
- He, J, Wang, Y, Missinato, MA, Onuoha, E, Perkins, LA, Watkins, SC, St Croix, CM, Tsang, M, Bruchez, MP. A genetically targetable near-infrared photosensitizer. Nat. Methods. 2016; 13 (3):263-8. PubMed PMID:26808669.
All Publications (Pubmed)
News & Events
MBIC investigators in the news and MBIC related seminar and event announcements.
MBIC provides an on-line booking system for shared equipment and resources. To obtain a user account please contact either Haibing Teng, or Yehuda Creeger.
Visit Scheduling Page
Professor Marcel Bruchez
Carnegie Mellon University
4400 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213