The Molecular Biosensor and Imaging Center at Carnegie Mellon University is a collaboration of biologists, chemists, and imaging scientists developing fluorescence technologies for biomedical applications. MBIC is an innovative research environment that focuses on development and application of new scientific tools. MBIC technologies are used in drug discovery, neuroscience, biomedical imaging and cancer biology programs through a variety of partnerships. Technologies launched from MBIC include the Cyanine Dyes (Cy3, Cy5, Cy7), High Content Screening (Cellomics, Inc), Difference In-Gel Electrophoresis (DIGE), Qdots for In-vivo imaging, Fluorogen Activating Proteins, and DNA Nanotags.
Learn More About MBIC
- He, J, Wang, Y, Missinato, MA, Onuoha, E, Perkins, LA, Watkins, SC, St Croix, CM, Tsang, M, Bruchez, MP. A genetically targetable near-infrared photosensitizer. Nat. Methods. 2016; :. PubMed PMID:26808669.
- Snyder, JC, Pack, TF, Rochelle, LK, Chakraborty, SK, Zhang, M, Eaton, AW, Bai, Y, Ernst, LA, Barak, LS, Waggoner, AS, Caron, MG. A rapid and affordable screening platform for membrane protein trafficking. BMC Biol. 2015; 13 (1):107. PubMed PMID:26678094.
- Wu, Y, Stauffer, SR, Stanfield, RL, Tapia, PH, Ursu, O, Fisher, GW, Szent-Gyorgyi, C, Evangelisti, A, Waller, A, Strouse, JJ, Carter, MB, Bologa, C, Gouveia, K, Poslusney, M, Waggoner, AS, Lindsley, CW, Jarvik, JW, Sklar, LA. Discovery of Small-Molecule Nonfluorescent Inhibitors of Fluorogen-Fluorogen Activating Protein Binding Pair. J Biomol Screen. 2016; 21 (1):74-87. PubMed PMID:26442911.
- Zhang, M, Chakraborty, SK, Sampath, P, Rojas, JJ, Hou, W, Saurabh, S, Thorne, SH, Bruchez, MP, Waggoner, AS. Fluoromodule-based reporter/probes designed for in vivo fluorescence imaging. J. Clin. Invest. 2015; 125 (10):3915-27. PubMed PMID:26348895.
- Saurabh, S, Zhang, M, Mann, VR, Costello, AM, Bruchez, MP. Kinetically Tunable Photostability of Fluorogen-Activating Peptide-Fluorogen Complexes. Chemphyschem. 2015; 16 (14):2974-80. PubMed PMID:26310607.
- Pratt, CP, He, J, Wang, Y, Barth, AL, Bruchez, MP. Fluorogenic Green-Inside Red-Outside (GIRO) Labeling Approach Reveals Adenylyl Cyclase-Dependent Control of BKα Surface Expression. Bioconjug. Chem. 2015; 26 (9):1963-71. PubMed PMID:26301573.
All Publications (Pubmed)
News & Events
MBIC investigators in the news and MBIC related seminar and event announcements.
MBIC provides an on-line booking system for shared equipment and resources. To obtain a user account please contact either Haibing Teng, or Yehuda Creeger.
Visit Scheduling Page
Professor Marcel Bruchez
Carnegie Mellon University
4400 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213